THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heroin (a poem in memory of my Uncle Tom)



          Heroin
          

          I paid no attention to appearance
          I should have known “thin tongue, thing words.”
          Now I’m constricted by addiction
          And my gasps, they go unheard.

                    It finds a place to sink it’s fangs
                    And it slithers through my veins
                    As it hisses in my brain
                    “It’s only me that numbs the pain.”

                    But it’s coiled around my neck
                    And it’s squeezing out the breath
                    I cringe as scales scrape my flesh
                    Now it’s the numbness that’s the threat

          I’ve got the venom in my blood
          And the bruises on my arms to
          To prove I was a fool to think
          It was the snake that could be charmed.




3 comments:

Cristen Lee said...

Beautifully written <3

Boston Femme said...

You are an amazing writer! Beautifully written.

unbeautiful said...

Too third what everyone else said, beautifully written.